Top4Download.com editor review:
Exciting Features Of SecureCRT
SecureCRT is an excellent terminal emulator with a very user friendly interface. Its compatibility with a wide array of protocols makes it one of the best software. These protocols include rLogin, TAPI, SSH and Serial. It can guarantee users a secure transfer and reliable SSH encryption. These are some of its most important capabilities. Its inception has earned a lot of praise from network administrators.
Here are some of the exciting features of the application:
- It is equipped with a script recorder. The user can create a script and record the keystrokes.
- SecureCRT boast of an enhanced auto session where users can be able to select single sessions, folder sessions or multiple sessions.
- It can share passwords with other applications.
- The color schemes and the ANSI color are better and more improved. It is possible to make changes to the background and foreground colors.
- There are more logging options. For instance, the presence of the log data enables users to select the strings to be logged when connecting and disconnecting.
- Secure CRT is compatible with OpenSSH format keys.
- There is more tab support because you can have all the list of tabs displayed in the menu.
- Perhaps the most exciting feature is the fact that it is supported by Windows 8. If you want to upgrade to Win8, the application is compatible.
- With the app, it will be easy to upload public keys to SSH2 server safely because it is compatible with Public key assistant.
- There are also tiled sessions that enable users to compare sessions. This also makes it possible to know the output when commands are being sent to other sessions through the chat window. These sessions can be controlled and changed in all directions.
- It has a connect dialogue that can load faster and efficiently.
SecureCRT is an application that boasts of reliable encryption. There are numerous authentication options for users to enjoy. The application also has good remote access and file transfer.
combines rock-solid terminal emulation with the strong encryption, data integrity, and authentication options of Secure Shell. SecureCRT
provides secure remote access, file transfer, and data tunneling for everyone in your organization. Whether you are looking for a Telnet replacement with solid security and session management or a more refined and capable remote access tool to help raise your productivity to the nth degree, SecureCRT
is an application you can live in all day long. SecureCRT
8.0 improves productivity with an updated UI and enhanced smart card (PIV/CAC) support. On Windows, tab groups allow you to compare the output of two sessions, group related sessions, and switch easily between them. On all platforms, you can apply colors to button bar icons for easy-to-see visual cues. TN3270 emulation support expands the range of systems you can use with SecureCRT
. Other improvements include Command window "Send characters immediately" mode, host key fall back, and new TFTP server connection options. SecureCRT
adds a filter bar to the session manager (now available on all platforms), letting you quickly locate sessions in the session database. Backing up and copying settings is easier with the import/export tool, and keyword highlighting is improved with color and regular expression
(Windows and Mac only) support. Also new is the ability to connect to a remote system through a named pipe (Windows only), scripting support for Kermit file transfers, and support for larger authentication keys.
Whether you are looking for a Telnet replacement with solid security and session management or a more refined and capable remote access tool to help raise your productivity to the nth degree, SecureCRT
is an application you can live in all day long.
Enhanced ANSI color: New built-in ANSI color schemes,
including Solarized, make it easy to change the look of your
terminal workspace. Choose from a variety of light and dark
color combinations, all of which have coordinated background,
foreground, and ANSI color combinations.
Line rewrapping: When the SecureCRT
window is resized, the
text in the terminal area is rewrapped.
Connect bar auto complete
Connect bar auto complete begins filtering as you type,
making it easier to find and connect to saved sessions.
Paste confirmation dialog
A paste confirmation dialog option allows you to preview the
contents of the paste buffer before pasting multiple lines of
text into a session. This helps prevent accidental pasting of
buffer contents into a production or other critical server.
Drag and drop multiple sessions: Multiple sessions can be
dragged and dropped or copied and pasted in the Session
Manager and Connect dialog.
Session management: Filtered searches in the Session Manager
and Connect bar are faster, which is helpful when the session
database is large or located on a network drive.
Larger recent sessions list: Up to 20 sessions can now be
included on the recent session list.
Support has been added for the SSH2 ChaCha20/Poly1305 and
AES-GCM ciphers and the UMAC-128 MAC algorithm. OpenSSH
certificates can now be used for authenticating SSH2
Scripting enhancements include the ability to script session
locking from the Session object. A global INI-file-only
option to specify the script path has also been added.
SSH2 improvements: If a session cannot be cloned or connected
using SFTP on the existing SSH transport, SecureCRT
create a new transport.
Update improvement (new for Mac): The "Update Now" menu item
is now also available for the Mac. Check for a newer version
, and if available, click on a button to download
and install the new version.