Top4Download.com editor review:
The Colasoft Capsa Enterprise Edition addresses a network manager’s needs to monitor activity on a localized network. Even as a beginning user, you can easily handle this piece of nifty software due to its user-friendly interface.
By giving the user a clear view of how their network is operating, Capsa allows for easy troubleshooting due to the ability to isolate and solve different kinds of network problems. With this neat piece of software, you can do an in-depth decoding of data packets entering your network.
Through different features, you can do advanced protocol analyzing, monitor your network 24/7, execute real-time data packet capturing, and make automatic rational and proficient diagnoses of network problems. It can also help you determine network trouble by identifying data bottlenecks, supervise bandwidth use, and perceive vulnerabilities on your computer system network. This way, your network can be fully utilized and the network resources be fully maximized.
As a manager or network administrator, you will find that Capsa offers a wide range of tools which will allow you to detect, diagnose, and resolve computer network problems. The following are some of Capsa’s capabilities:
- Oversight functions – Supervises network bandwidth through data packet capture occurring over the network. Information about the packets is decoded and summarized. Gives a good visualization for the user regarding the whole network system. This includes network connections, traffic and other relevant information;
- Protocol Analysis – Detects over 300 network protocols and applications that are supported by these same protocols;
- Security Analysis – Carries out real-time and post-event examination and analysis on captured and saved data packets that are broadcasted over the local network;
- Communications Monitoring – Screens incoming and outgoing email, internet use, and instant messaging interchanges to increased network efficiency;
- Problems Diagnosis – Detects and evaluates network glitches promptly and efficiently by identifying and establishing locations of suspicious hosts;
- Performance Detection – Displays network statistics for quick perusal which enables the user to capture data and understand information showing the utilization of the network resources;
- Traffic Analysis – Diagrams the features and details of the hosts on the network. This includes IP addresses, activity, and MAC, and permitting the simple classification and detection of hosts and network activity.
Aside from these helpful network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, the Capsa Enterprise Edition has four network tools built into the program that allows for the creation, editing, and dissemination of data packets; the scanning of Mac addresses, domains, and ping IP addresses during network assessment; and the replaying of information packet files. To boot, the user can even customize the tools and external Windows applications as extra add-ons to the Capsa program.
Overall, Capsa comes across as a flexible and insightful program with an easy to use interface for any kind of network manager or administrator. The easy function of switching from the specific network node statistics to more general network details, allows the manager to take part in network troubleshooting and oversight functions in a straightforward and uncomplicated way.
Capsa is an easy-to-use Ethernet packet sniffer (network analyzer or network sniffer) for network monitoring and troubleshooting purposes. It performs real-time packet capturing, 24/7 network monitoring, reliable network forensics, advanced protocol analyzing, in-depth packet decoding, and automatic expert diagnosing. By giving you insights into all of your network's operations, Capsa makes it easy to isolate and solve network problems, identify network bottleneck and bandwidth use, and detect network vulnerabilities. Key features of Capsa include: - Real-time packet capture as well as the ability to save data transmitted over local networks, including wired network and wireless network like 802.11a/b/g/n. - Record network Profile, set your analysis objective and perform customized analysis that boost working efficiency. - Import multiple packet files and replay the packet flow. - Capture and save data transmitted over local networks and conduct both real-time and post-event analysis. - Support 1800+ protocols and sub-protocols, including VoIP, as well as network applications which are based on the protocol analysis. - Monitor network bandwidth and usage by capturing data packets transmitted over the network and providing summary and decoding information about these packets. - View network statistics at a single glance, allowing easy capture & interpretation of network utilization. - Intuitive TCP Timing Sequence. - Diagnose and repair network problems in seconds by detecting and locating suspicious hosts. - Map out the details, including traffic, IP & MAC address, of each host on the network. - Your Own editable Dashboard, Important Parameters in One Place and in Graphs. - Enhanced, Customizable Report.