NVU 1.0 Full Download Summary
File size: 7.80 MB
Platform: Windows2000, Windows2003, WinXP
Downloads: Total: 339 | This Month: 4
Publisher: Linspire, Inc.
Publisher URL: http://www.nvu.com/
NVU 1.0 Full Description
Nvu (pronounced N-view, for a "new view") makes managing a web site a snap. Now anyone can create web pages and manage a website with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML. Finally! A complete Web Authoring System for Linux Desktop users as well as Microsoft Windows and Macintosh users.
Nvu (pronounced "N-view," for a "new view") is a free, open source software program that allows you to build websites and web pages using a simple WYSIWYG editor (what-you-see-is-what-you-get). Nvu makes creating web pages as easy as using a word processor and rivals such programs as Adobe's Dreamweaver and Microsoft's Expression Web, only for free! With Nvu's built-in site manager, connecting to your website and making changes is a snap.
Building Your First Website with Nvu
Building a website with Nvu is super easy. You can have a site up and running in no time with these three simple steps:
1. Get a Domain Name. You can do this at the same time you do #2 if you like. Dotster provides both domain name registration and web hosting. (Use coupon code 'Nvu' for 15% off.)
2. Get a Hosting Provider. If you don't want to set up your own server, you can use a 3rd party hosting service. These services have gotten incredibly affordable and there are many good companies to choose from. We'd recommend using Dotster as they are a quality provider and a sponsor of this site. You can also save 15% off your entire order by using the coupon code 'Nvu' at their site.
3. Use Nvu to Create Web Pages. Once you have a server, you simply use the built-in FTP site manager in Nvu to connect to your site and start creating web pages. It's as easy as using a word processor. We'd recommend you check out the many tutorial videos users have created on YouTube to help you get started.
The Nvu Open Source project was started several years ago by Linspire, Inc. At that time, Linspire was committed to bringing Desktop Linux to the masses, and realized that an easy-to-use web authoring system was needed for Linux to continue its expansion to the Desktop. Linspire contributed significant capital, expertise, servers, bandwidth, marketing, and other resources to bring Nvu to life, not just for Linux, but also for Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac users.
Linspire contracted with Daniel Glazman from Disruptive Innovations to be the lead developer and maintainer for the Nvu project. Daniel was the chief architect for Mozilla Composer and brought a tremendous amount of experience and expertise to the Nvu project.
Nvu was started from the Mozilla Composer code base, as the Mozilla Internet suite was broken up into individual pieces (browser, email, etc.). Nvu picked up where Composer left off, adding additional features, functionality and ease of use.
Linspire abandoned the Nvu project when it was sold to Xandros in 2008. Fortunately, Fabien Cazenave picked up the project and started updating Nvu under the name Kompozer. Both Nvu and Kompozer versions can be found on our Download page.
Nvu is open source and covered under the MPL/LGPL/GPL tri-license.
For more information, visit the FAQ page.
There are lots of great tutorial videos on YouTube that walk you through building a website with Nvu.
Ask other Nvu users questions and search for help.
Visit this alternative version of the Nvu web authoring software.
NVU 1.0 Screenshot
NVU 1.0 Keywords
NVU 1.0 Free Download Notice
Top 4 Download periodically updates software information of NVU 1.0 full version from the publisher, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Using warez version, crack, warez passwords, patches, serial numbers, registration codes, key generator, pirate key, keymaker or keygen for NVU 1.0 license key is illegal and prevent future development of NVU 1.0. Download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website, NVU 1.0 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, MailBigFile, DropSend, MediaMax, LeapFile, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!
Your computer will be at risk getting infected with spyware, adware, viruses, worms, trojan horses, dialers, etc while you are searching and browsing these illegal sites which distribute a so called keygen, key generator, pirate key, serial number, warez full version or crack for NVU 1.0 download. These infections might corrupt your computer installation or breach your privacy. A keygen or key generator might contain a trojan horse opening a backdoor on your computer. Hackers can use this backdoor to take control of your computer, copy data from your computer or to use your computer to distribute viruses and spam to other people.
NVU 1.0 - Post Your Review
NVU 1.0 Related Software
Would you like to receive announcements of new versions of your software by email or by RSS reader? Get your FREE membership now!
- Artisteer for Mac 18.104.22.168575
- CKEditor 3.1
- WYSIWYG Web Builder 8.5.7a
- Artisteer 22.214.171.124475
- Web Acappella for Mac OS X 3.0.240
- Stylizer 126.96.36.1999
- Web Page Maker 3.21
- RapidWeaver 5.3.1 Build 933
- HTML-Kit Tools 20111216
- TopStyle Pro 188.8.131.52
- BlueVoda 11.4G
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 CS5.5 11.5.1
- XWebDesignor 1.7.9 r2
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.2
- HTML-Kit 292
Top Popular Software
- Press Release Script 2.8
- Jitbit Forum 7.1.4
- Artisteer for Mac 184.108.40.206575
- Simple Forum PHP 1.8
- MySQL-Front 5.3
- FlowPlayer 3.2.16
- CSS Menu Dreamweaver extensions 2.0
- MLM Software 220.127.116.11
- JW FLV Media Player 5.4
- Ramui forum script 7.0
- SWF to FLA Converter 5.3
- Download Manager Pro 3.1.5
- Axure RP Pro for Mac OS X 18.104.22.16851
- SWF Editor 5.1
- Jar2Exe 2.0.10