JMARS 3.1.5 Full Download Summary
File size: 50.00 MB
Platform: Linux, Mac OS X
Downloads: Total: 189 | This Month: 2
Publisher: Arizona State University
Publisher URL: https://jmars.mars.asu.edu/index
JMARS 3.1.5 Full Description
JMARS is an acronym that stands for Java Mission-planning and Analysis for Remote Sensing. It is a geospatial information system (GIS) developed by ASU's Mars Space Flight Facility to provide mission planning and data-analysis tools to NASA's orbiters, instrument team members, students of all ages, and the general public.
JMARS provides free and efficient access to more than a terabyte of NASA orbiter data, and has basic image and vector processing features to conveniently compare, plot, and blend data.
While JMARS began with a focus on Mars, it has branched out to work with data for Earth and the Moon, for which separate versions now exist. In all its variants, it's free to use and open-sourced, and is actively supported on Mac, Windows, Linux, and Solaris.
MARS can do a great many things; here are a few of them:
* Take multiple datasets (thermal inertia, mineral composition, digital elevations, etc.) and overlay them into a single, registered multilayer image.
* Make topographic profiles, extract surface temperatures (day or night), plot footprints and render remote sensing images from orbiters.
* Correlate mineral compositions with topographic data.
* Combine surface roughness data with thermal inertia data.
* Contour maps may be created.
* Groups of layers can be composed by transparency blending or building an HSV/RGB composite.
* Plots may be created by drawing multi-segment lines on the map, making it easy to sample elevation, thermal inertia, or other surface properties in an area of interest.
* Load and process raw numeric rasters, which may be stretched and colorized on the fly.
* Load and process vector data in several common formats.
* Edit vector data on the map or in a table.
* Use vector processing tools to calculate properties like line bearing or polygonal area.
* An SQL-like scripting language provides a powerful transformation and filtering feature.
And so on.
JMARS provides access to many Mars data products: image footprints and rasters from the THEMIS, MOC, CTX, HiRISE, CRISM, Viking Imaging System, HRSC, and OMEGA instruments; mosaics from THEMIS, Viking, and CTX; topography from MOLA; compositional maps from TES and GRS/HEND; albedo and thermal inertia from TES and Viking.
For the Moon, datasets include Clementine UV/VIS multispectral imaging, Lunar Orbiter imaging, Arecibo radar, and laser altimetry topography from Kaguya (Selene) and Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.
For Earth (in beta-development), datasets include topography and ASTER and MODIS multispectral imaging.
With all versions of JMARS (Earth, Moon, and Mars), new and improved datasets are being added continually, as quickly as instrument teams release them and the Planetary Data System makes them available.
Finally, if you are a science team member for Mars Odyssey, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, or Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, you can also use JMARS to plan observations, identify regions of interest, review previously acquired data, and examine datasets from past missions.
For more information, see the abstract from the JMARS presentation at the 2009 Fall Meeting of the American Geophysical Union.
The following provides links to some of the instruments and missions whose data is available through JMARS
Release notes:New Release
- In JMARS, locate the "Options" tab at the top of the screen, click it
- Click "Check for Updates"
[ JMARS full changelog ]
JMARS 3.1.5 Screenshot
JMARS 3.1.5 Keywords
JMARS 3.1.5 Free Download Notice
Top 4 Download periodically updates software information of JMARS 3.1.5 full version from the publisher, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Using warez version, crack, warez passwords, patches, serial numbers, registration codes, key generator, pirate key, keymaker or keygen for JMARS 3.1.5 license key is illegal and prevent future development of JMARS 3.1.5. Download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website, JMARS 3.1.5 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, MailBigFile, DropSend, MediaMax, LeapFile, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!
Your computer will be at risk getting infected with spyware, adware, viruses, worms, trojan horses, dialers, etc while you are searching and browsing these illegal sites which distribute a so called keygen, key generator, pirate key, serial number, warez full version or crack for JMARS 3.1.5 download. These infections might corrupt your computer installation or breach your privacy. A keygen or key generator might contain a trojan horse opening a backdoor on your computer. Hackers can use this backdoor to take control of your computer, copy data from your computer or to use your computer to distribute viruses and spam to other people.
JMARS 3.1.5 - Post Your Review
JMARS 3.1.5 Related Software
Would you like to receive announcements of new versions of your software by email or by RSS reader? Get your FREE membership now!
Top Popular Software
- VirtualBreadboard 184.108.40.206
- Sketch 41.2 B35397
- CAD KAS PDF Editor 5.5
- ExpertGPS 5.88
- Sprint-Layout 6.0
- Dragonframe 3.6.9
- Proteus PCB Design 8.5 SP1 B22252
- AnyRail 6.4
- Adobe InDesign CS5 CS5.5 7.5.3
- PDF to CAD Converter 9.11.1 9.6
- SewArt 1.9.2 010917
- PlanSwift Pro 220.127.116.11
- LochMaster 4.0
- Photo Calendar Creator 10.0
- Phantasm CS 3.1.2