FileMenu Tools 6.4
FileMenu Tools 6.4 Full Download Summary
File size: 6.70 MB
Platform: Win95, Win98, WinME, Windows2000, Windows2003, WinXP, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64
Downloads: Total: 726 | This Month: 0
Publisher URL: http://www.lopesoft.com/en/index.html
FileMenu Tools 6.4 Full Description
FileMenu Tools allows you to customise the context menu of Windows Explorer.
And it lets you:
* Add some built-in utilities that perform operations on files and folders.
* Add customised commands which run external applications, copy/move to a specific folder or delete specific file types.
* Configure the "Send to..." submenu.
* Enable/disable commands which are added by other applications to the context menu.
The build-in utilities are the following:
· Synchronize Folders - Synchronizes two folders. It is possible configure the synchronization type (unidirectional, bidirectional, etc.) and the file types which must be synchronized.
· Extended Delete - Deletes recursively specific file types from a folder. The file types are specified with wildcards, for example: *.txt, *.t??, etc.
· Find And Replace - Finds and replaces a text in all selected files. It is possible to use regular expressions.
· Advanced Renamer - Renames all the selected elements by using some patterns.
· Delete Locked File - Deletes files which are locked by any application and cannot be deleted normally.
· Delete and no move to Recycle Bin - Deletes definitely files and folders.
· Change Icon - Change the icon assigned to the selected folder
· Run with Arguments - Run a program with parameters typed through a dialog box.
· Command Line From Here - Open a command line window and go to selected folder.
· Split File - Splits the selected file in various parts.
· Join File - Joins the parts of a file which were previously splitted.
· Copy to... - Copies the selected elements to other folder.
· Move to... - Moves the selected elements to other folder.
· Copy Name - Copies to the clipboard the name of the all selected elements.
· Copy Path - Copies to the clipboard the path of the all selected elements.
· Copy Content - Copies to the clipboard the content of the selected element. If a folder is selected, all element names that the folder contains will be copied
· Attributes - Displays a submenu which lets change the attributes of the selected elements. If a folder is selected, it is possible change the attributes recursively.
· Change Time - Changes the creation time, the last access time and/or the last write time of the selected elements. If a folder is selected, it is possible change the time recursively.
· Register DLL - Register a DLL in Windows.
· Unregister DLL - Unregister a DLL.
· Create New Folder - Creates a new folder into the selected folder
* Command line execution
* Advanced rename for folders and files
* Totally customizable
Release notes:New Release
1. Improved Advanced Renamer: now you can add up to 5 settings for the same renaming action.
2. Added a new type of custom command to rename the selected elements. In the properties of the custom command you can specify the renaming profile to be used when renaming the selected elements. Also you can specify if to enter into the subfolders recursively, or the file types to be included in the renaming.
3. Fixed bug in Change Time: sometimes the time was not calculated correctly with the summer time.
4. Fixed bug in Copy Internet Path: changed file:// by file:///
5. Fixed bug in Select: did not work correctly on Windows XP.
[ FileMenu Tools full changelog ]
FileMenu Tools 6.4 Screenshot
FileMenu Tools 6.4 Keywords
FileMenu Tools 6.4 Free Download Notice
Top 4 Download periodically updates software information of FileMenu Tools 6.4 full version from the publisher, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Using warez version, crack, warez passwords, patches, serial numbers, registration codes, key generator, pirate key, keymaker or keygen for FileMenu Tools 6.4 license key is illegal and prevent future development of FileMenu Tools 6.4. Download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website, FileMenu Tools 6.4 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, MailBigFile, DropSend, MediaMax, LeapFile, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!
Your computer will be at risk getting infected with spyware, adware, viruses, worms, trojan horses, dialers, etc while you are searching and browsing these illegal sites which distribute a so called keygen, key generator, pirate key, serial number, warez full version or crack for FileMenu Tools 6.4 download. These infections might corrupt your computer installation or breach your privacy. A keygen or key generator might contain a trojan horse opening a backdoor on your computer. Hackers can use this backdoor to take control of your computer, copy data from your computer or to use your computer to distribute viruses and spam to other people.
FileMenu Tools 6.4 Reviews
Finally, a program to help me sort out my context menu issues in Windows Vista. I got even more enthusiastic when reading some of the raving reviews and I could see my fruitless searching had finally come to an end. FileMenu Tools lead me to believe it would grant me control over the context menu.
The major issue I had was the order of some of the items on the context menu. They weren't in the order I wanted them.
FileMenu did not resolve that problem at all. All it did was give me ANOTHER item in the menu and another item over which I had no control where it went. I didn't want an extra item, I wanted to change the order of the existing menu and I still couldn't do that.
Worse, FileMenu Tools actually seem to throw my already messy Context Menu even further into disarray. Which was only 'restored' to its previous less jumbled state after I de-installed it.
I had a look at the the features, anyway. The FileMenu Tools option does give you (some) control over the items within it. And it is fair to say there were a few options I thought that could be handy, however I soon found out not all of the options I had ticked were available in my context menu (note 1), this struck me as odd, but I could live with that, they weren't the ones I cared about.
However, this is where my second disappointment occurred. An option 'Copy Name' is for me useful, however no 'Paste Name'. So I could copy the name for a selected file, but in order to paste it I had to do it 'old style' (note 2).
FileMenu Tools does give you the option to add programmable items to the menu, however not for this type of action (note 3). Meaning, doing it old style is actually quicker for me, so no benefit there either.
Which brings me to my last and final point, a vital point for any application and usually forgotten or poorly done is the 'Help'. Unfortunately FileMenu Tools is not an exception. The online help is non existent, consisting out of a few screen shots not explaining anything.
The application help isn't much better, it seems to assume prior knowledge on the tool or it assumes the user knows the inner workings of their OS (in my case Vista).
If you, like me would like to have full control over your context menu, this tool will not give it to you.
Whether this was because of Vista or I just didn't have the applications that were associated with those options, I don't know. But after my initial disappointments I didn't really bother to investigate it further.
The usual F2 and CRTL+V (with the occasional CTRL+A if I erred).
I tried to see what the instructions were for the 'Copy Name' within FileMenu Tools, however those weren't shown and the options of the new menu item didn't seem to allow me to program to 'Paste Name' it.
FileMenu Tools 6.4 - Post Your Review
FileMenu Tools 6.4 Related Software
Would you like to receive announcements of new versions of your software by email or by RSS reader? Get your FREE membership now!
- TurboLaunch 5.1.4
- VisualCron 8.2.3 B36570
- LaunchBar Commander 1.149.04
- Smart Turn Off COMputer 3.7.0
- Task Till Dawn for Mac OS X 1.91
- AMP WinOFF Portable 5.0.1
- 7GMode 1.0
- Portable PStart 18.104.22.168
- AutoRunnerU 2.0.2
- Task Till Dawn 1.91
- AutoRunnerX 2.0.2
- PStart 22.214.171.124
- AMP WinOFF 5.0.1
- ServiceShell 1.5
- PopSel 2.55
Top Popular Software
- MoboLot for Android Transfer 126.96.36.199
- MoboPlay for PC 188.8.131.52
- Syston Data Recovery Free 3.0
- PC Manager 9.5
- BIOS Agent Plus 2.2015.7.14
- OBDwiz 2.14.0
- CheVolume 0.5.0.0
- AnyTrans 5.4.0
- DOSPRN 1.85
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard 10.6.8
- Ava Find 1.5
- WinZip Mac Edition 5.0.3160
- Excel Repair Tool 11.07
- Mnova 9.0.0
- DriverAgent 3.2016.4.13